We offer group classes that are 45 minutes in length.
Group classes are a great cost effective way for you to learn steps to a variety of dances, while having fun and becoming a part of the Longwood Ballroom family.
Considerations of Group Classes:
1. Cost effective. Group classes are much more economical than private lessons.
2. No partner required. You do not need to bring a dance partner to participate in any of our classes.
3. Variety. Group classes are a great way to learn basic footwork and technique in various dances. They also expose you to different dances, so you are able to see which styles you like the best.
4. Manners. You are introduced to some of the most important social dance etiquette.
5. Experience. You will dance with multiple partners which will help to improve your dance skills.
6. Social Outlet. Group classes allow you to make new friends with people who share your passion.
7. FUN FUN FUN! Once group classes make their way onto your calendar, they are sure to be something you are looking forward to every week!
Group Class Policy
$15 Per group class
When you buy 5 classes of a 6 week session, you get one FREE!!!
5 Classes X $15 = $75
1 BONUS CLASS = $0
TOTAL = 6 classes for $75 (full session!!!)
NOTE: To receive Bonus Class, you must register for the full session on the 1st class of the series.
* If you miss any class in a session, you have the opportunity to make it up in any of our other classes offered, within one week of the missed class.
*** Any group class that consistently has less than 3 people will be cancelled at the end of the session. If a single class unexpectedly has only 1 person attending, the class for that day will be 30 minutes in length for the 1 person. If we know in advance that there is only 1 person expected to attend any class, we reserve the right to notify the 1 person, remove from the online calendar and cancel the class for that week. ***
Group Class List
*** Check out our Events Calendar to see which of the following classes are being offered now! ***
*Each 6 week series of our Beginner I and II classes will cover steps from 3 of the most popular dances. (Either Waltz, Rumba, Cha Cha – or – Tango, Foxtrot, Swing)
Beginner I – Introduction to the first few steps of the dances chosen
Beginner II – Bronze 1 & 2
Beginner III – Bronze 3 & 4 (All inclusive of the Bronze syllabus. Learn the remaining steps on the syllabus while reinforcing some of the most commonly danced steps from the beginning of the syllabus)
Intermediate Smooth – Silver level steps from one of the following dances: Waltz, Tango, Quickstep, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz
Intermediate Rhythm – Silver level steps from one of the following dances: Cha Cha, Rumba, East Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo, Samba, West Coast Swing, Salsa
Advanced – Gold/performance level steps from one of the following dances: Waltz, Tango, Quickstep, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Cha Cha, Rumba, East Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo, Samba, West Coast Swing, Salsa
Latin Cardio – Slim down, have fun, tone up and get down to the rhythms of salsa, merengue, latin pop, cumbia, and MORE!!!
Latin Fusion – Join this never ending class that runs through new and exciting steps in Salsa, Merengue and Bachata every 6 weeks
Ladies Technique and Styling – Learn how to turn “steps” into a full body dance by refining footwork, arm styling, body isolations, frame, body positioning, and MUCH MORE!
Stretching / Yoga – Increase strength, flexibility, balance, and control with a series of flowing combinations and poses all designed to get you familiar with certain motions necessary in all levels of Ballroom Dances.